Thursday, July 14, 2005

Project update

I have so many unfinished projects in various stages of completed that I have forced myself to start and finish some of them. To do this I am trying to do one crafty thing an evening. Two nights ago, I sewed a binding on one of the fleece baby blankets. I set it aside, because it is a good project that can be done in the car this weekend. Last night I tried to finish the machine quilting on a king size quilt commissioned by a woman at work. Unfortunately I tried to take the short cut of not pinning it properly. So, this evenings project will be ripping out stitches where I stitched wrinkels into the back and properly stretching and pin basting the rest of the quilt. Maybe Friday I can get it quilted. I have dragged my feet so long on this quilt, I feel terrible. I'm just not feeling it, but then it is not for me, and when you get paid to do something, you really should get it done!

We are headed toward a busy weekend. Saturday we are driving up to Canfield to see a friend of D's who is in town. Then we will head over to my parents because Sunday is my grand father's memorial. I told D that we would not be traveling with the pickel for a while, and then realised that it is all we will be doing for the next several weeks! It is just stressfull when he is not in his own house and does not sleep that well. Of course I'm the one who is most effected. When you are the kitchen ....

So for the car trip, I'm taking 2 fleece blankets that need bindings put on and probably a knitting project. I'm thinking of a stuffed animal of some sort and found a cute pattern for Mr. Dangly! I will probably not get to it, with the two bindings. Possibly three if I get that king size quilted. Although it probably isn't the best project to drag along. I think I'll go with the 2 fleece and supplies for Mr. Dangly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters