Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Already!

What a great week. I could get used to this 5 days off two days on sort of work week. Next week will be good too, since I won't be going to the office. Instead I'll be taking 2 courses at OSU for the week.

Last night we took the Pickle to Rooster's for dinner. I went with a little trepidation knowing that the last time we were there he cried the whole time. This time went much better. We took the toy that we are calling his favorite, this weird green frog with plastic paddles for hands and a mirror on it's belly. He loves to chew on it and goes a little nuts, growling and shaking his head. He loves sucking on the bulbus eyes, but I think gets a little frustrated that nothing comes out of them!

Some how while I was home with him for those three day's I broke him. We were just getting into a bed time routine which consisted of nursing, then rocking either by D or me and then he would be sleepy and go down, find his thumb and fall asleep. The last few nights something has changed. The nursing is the same, but then the rocking peacefully has turned into full blown raging. This goes on for about an hour, until I take him outside to hit the 're-set' button on him. Once we open the door to walk out of his room he stops crying. Then he nurses a minute or two on the porch and falls right to sleep. I carry him up and put him down. He might fuss for 10 sec and then falls right to sleep, staying asleep for 6 1/2 hours or so. I'm not sure how I broke him but I wish we could fix it. The raging wears thin pretty quickly.

We are looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. There was talk about going to the Jazz and Rib Fest, but then thinking about standing on black asphalt between charcoal grills when it is 97 degrees out doesn't seem like such a great idea. Plus while I love ribs, I couldn't care less about jazz. Hopefully I will be able to get the new sewing machine up and running. We might need to do a re-organization of the basement. At least it is a few degrees cooler down there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters