Monday, August 07, 2006

On our own again

D is off out of the state for the next few days so the pickle and I are on our own. We are off Thursday to head up to Cleveland for Ellie's birthday. It will be the delivery day for the giant bear. I think that the boys will miss it in the living room. Well, maybe Michael will get one for Christmas.

With D gone I feel it's my chance to get a few projects started. I feel a little space to create without worrying that he is going to make a comment about starting something else.

The pickles sweater is coming right along. I have really gotten the hang of the cables and the cable needle. I believe the 2nd sleeve will be finished tonight, leaving only the hood and seeming it together (well, blocking of course.)

With Julie heading out of town next week on vacation we are looking for some help watching the Pickle. I think that I have decided to take off Friday to spend an extra day with him. I was looking at my vacation balance and have over 3 weeks waiting to be used.

We took the Pickle to the pool yesterday and he had a great time. D and I were a little strained. We had a talk/argument about his explosive anger and the lack of house keeping I do. We came to an agreement that he would ask me to do something instead of thinking that I'll just eventually do it. And he said that he'll keep his anger in check. We'll see how this goes.

I think that everyone has different levels of cleanliness... not to say that I'm dirty, but I don't mind clutter and set the mail down thinking I'll come back to it and 3 weeks later it is still there. Also, I tend to love a stash and will collect things with no immediate purpose. This would not be such and issue if we didn't live in a small house with a wet basement. We have been going back and forth over looking for a new (to us) house or expanding the house we have. I think the next baby will be the straw that breaks the camels back and pushes us to a decision.

Goal tonight: Finish the 2nd sweater sleeve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters