Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby B!

On the elevator ride up to my desk this morning I was thinking how I really got a lot done this weekend. Then I started to tally it up... I baked a cake, well 2 sheet cakes and a little baby cake, I decorated the cake and... uhhh.. oh yeah I rolled t-shirts for tie-dying... and what else... yeah that's about it.
The cake was for a friends boys first birthday. I had a great time making in and trying out some new techniques. It came out a little lopsided due the everything in this house sloping the the center, including the oven, which leads to a cake with one corner higher than the others. I was nervous that Belinda was not going to like the cake, but it got rave reviews! People even asked if I would do cakes for other people. Here are some pictures of my efforts.
The baby cake.













The sheet cake:
I was thinking about the amount of butter and confectioners sugar involved. I think that there is at least 5 lbs of butter, maybe 6 in these cakes! And probably 6 pounds of confectioners sugar. They sure were good though!
I loved making the rockets and see using this technique in the future for other things.






And a couple of pictures of the birthday boy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cakes look great!
Bet they tasted yummy too with all that butter and sugar.
Nice job!

1:14 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Cute cakes! And your birthday boy looks very happy!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!! Looks yummy and it appears he thought so too!!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters