Monday, October 16, 2006

The weekend

We had a great weekend. Saturday we hosted the block party. We decided to invite 3 blocks worth this year, and then the same people showed up as last year. I guess a lot are just not interested in being social. It is a little disappointing. We had a great time though, the weather was chilly and sunny. We got out a fire pit and sat in the middle of the road around the fire until about 10:30.

I have become hooked on knitting socks! I knit the pickle a pair this weekend. But... They don't fit so well. The stitches are stretched out and the one heel is short. I started another pair with a different pattern, on smaller needles. I think it will work out better. It is for a larger size and the band looks good so far. I'm hoping that I didn't waist too much yard on the first pair and can get the second pair out of the ball. Last night I was dreaming that I was knitting away, while I slept. The problem was that the needles kept slipping out and I'd loose them in the bed. I half woke up and realized that I was twisting the sheets thinking that I was knitting them and looking for lost needles! ha.... I guess it is on my mind.

I have pulled Michaels quilt off my big quilting machine. I'm having issues with the fly wheel not being spun by the little wheel off the motor. I contacted the maker of the machine and it sounds like I need to give everything a good oiling. I'm hoping this solves the problem. I have quilts and knitting on the brain and I don't want to waste the pickles nap time trying to fix broken things, I want to get things finished!

I've accepted another quilt commission for a 50th anniversary quilt. It is due in April. Once the design is finalized I'm getting down to work and getting it done ASAP!

Mom gave me her embroidery machine and I have put some dinosaurs on a pair of fleece overall's and pants that I made the pickle. I need to get some pictures of them. When the Pickle sees the dino he always says "Hi! Rawrrrr" So cute!

Good things on the pickle number 2 front. We aren't officially discussing it yet but I'm done with drinks on the town for now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Even though we live in the country we had talked about doing a "block party," but the weather suddenly turned really cold. I wish we had a machine shed to at least keep out of the wind.

Yay for you and the socks! I don't knit and admire those who do!

I love that you call your little one pickle. My husband has called our youngest Pickle since she was a wee one.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Just found you...your little "pickle" is darling! And congrats on pickle number two!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Congratulations.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters