Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 2

Yesterday was one of my day's off, about 10 am I decided that I needed to get the pickle out of the house so I bundled him up and hauled him outside. D, who was working from home joined us and started to shovel us out of the snow and ice. Poor pickle, doesn't quite get the whole mitten concept, therefore could not grab anything. He had a little interest in playing with his shovel, but when not able to grasp it he gave it up pretty quick.

He was ready to go back inside about 2 min later. I set him in his sled and pulled him around, which he tolerated. Only because, I believe, he couldn't get up himself. He just keep repeating "Done! Up Up, Cold, Done!" Finally I gave into him and hauled him back inside.

The intrigue of having mom and dad home was too much for him and he never fell asleep for his nap, which of course lead to a break down right before dinner. After dinner he was hustled up stairs and into the bath and off to bed before 8.

That left D and I to have a nice evening alone... which consisted of him watching OSU basketball and me reading. Then watching Lost together. I got the annoyed sigh, and eye roll when I attempted to speak to him during the commercials, when he thought he might read his book. After a little cajoling we tried to remember what we had done for valentines day in the past. All we could come up with was going out one year, to and to his apartment one year. We aren't really sure what we did last year, but I'm pretty sure we just stayed it.

We aren't much for celebrating holidays like V-day. Honestly, I'm the lazy one who would not get him a card. Since he does the shopping he can just get it while at the store. Otherwise, I have to make a special trip for him. No gifts were exchanged, just a quite night in.

I'm trying to get a jump on planning the pickles 2nd birthday. I think that we have decided to celebrate family on one day and friends with kids his age on the next day. He is very into buses now so I am thinking of a school bus theme. Making a school bus cake out of a bread loaf pan, printing off some school bus coloring pages and pretty much letting the kids go at it. I'm sure I'll leave it all for the last minute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters