Thursday, September 29, 2005

Well now

I was going to come and write a rant about the workforce today and how unreliable people are. We hired a Nanny to work Tuesday and Thursdays and she was supposed to come today to get an overview from our current nanny. Well we thought she didn't show. We've called and left messages for her and she didn't return the calls so we thought we were stood up. D was cursing the youth of today and went out to get the mail and found a note. She was there, no one was home, she waited 10 min, then left. Ok... But only 10 min? You were hired for the day, what else do you have to do but wait until someone comes back.

It has been on on going issue as we have set up interviews of people not showing up. It drives me absolutely crazy. I don't care if they decided that they don't want the job or if they are worried that I'm going to chew them out or something, but a phone call is all I want. Instead I spend the day waiting around and then they don't show. It is so incredibly frustrating to me. The best part, is that some of the people who scheduled interviews and didn't show up have called again, thinking that it is a new add in the paper.

As we have tried to work out this child care situation D and I are leaning more and more towards me quitting work. I think that I am starting to come to terms with it. It would be hard on several levels. First and foremost financially. We would have to get rid of cell phones, no cable no internet, possibly re-finance the house back out from 20 years to 30 years, and live on a budget that had pretty much zero dollars written in for additional spending. This hopefully would change as I get my business off the ground. I have decided to start an in-your-home cooking business. I do your shopping, cook 5 meals you pay me a flat fee+ groceries. My SIL is going to give it a whirl with me. I am hoping to get 4 regular customers. This would open my days to spend with the pickle and financially put us in pretty much the same place we are currently. My fingers are crossed that this will work. I feel that it is only a matter of advertising to enough people.

Things are definitely in limbo and I'm feeling some stress. Crafting has been put to the side lately. Mom asked me to come up with some sort of Doggie bib that an associate of hers is looking for. Maybe I'll have time to try some things out this weekend. I need to get back downstairs and work on my nephew's quilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters