Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Secret Pal Six Questionnaire

I'm so excited. I signed up for the Secret Pal Six exchange. Below is my questionnaire. I have several ideas for things to send to my secret pal. Being a knitting newbie I hope I'm not a dissappointment as a giver!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I would say that I'm not a yarn snob. I have inherited a stash from my grandmother and I'm working my way through it. I use what I have.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do not spin, but I would be interested in giving it a try, I do Crochet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I have no allergies, but do not smoke and avoid smoky places (Yeah for the smoking ban in Columbus!)

4. How long have you been knitting?

I learned to knit from my grandmother when I was young and promptly forgot about it. I have recently taught myself again in order to make cute stuff for the Pickle.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do have an Amazon wish list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I have no preference, but do not use candles very often.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

I prefer salty snacks to sweet snacks. I'm not a big fan of chocolate, preferring sour, tart, licorice types of candy. I will eat chocolate but would rather have a very small amount of excellent chocolate than a lot of hersey's kisses etc.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I love to quilt, I was into stained glass for a while, but it has fallen to the wayside. I love to give all things crafty a try at least once!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I'm a big fan of Alt-country, folk sort of stuff. I spend most of the day listening to the local NPR and love their mix of non-top 40 music. I can play Mp3's

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color most recently was lavender. I think I might have moved on though. I'm feeling cool colors lately. I'm not that into bold primary colors and I don't deal all that well with primary red.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have been married for 3 years and had a baby boy (the pickle) in March. We had a gold fish but he recently passed.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Life dreams.... Lately to stay home with the pickle and explore my creative whims with no one looking over my shoulder asking when I'm going to finish it. I think that I would like to go back to school to become a dentist. I would also like to start a business doing home cooking for people in their homes.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I have no preference right now, as I'm just working through an inherited stash.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don't have enough experience with different types to have a preference yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Funny hats for babies and knitted stuffed animals. I'm trying to knit a stuffed animal for everyone in my family to use as a gift tag this Christmas.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Knitted stuffed animals or characters.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Mr. Dangley.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Normally I think I would not be a poncho person, but my office is usually freezing and I think a poncho would be a good thing to have at work.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I have yet to knit anything on circular needles, but would love to give it a try.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I'm currently using aluminum, because it is what I inherited. I have not tried the others to know if I have a preference.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not yet, but would love to be!

22. How did you learn to knit?

My Grandmother taught me when I was about 10, and I promptly forgot it. I then taught myself again about a year ago from a book, in order to knit a funny baby hat.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Knitting?? 1 month. Otherwise??? 3 years???

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

No favorite animated character, but I do like ladybugs.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

My Birthday!

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Dust.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Nope, but I'm always open to suggestions!

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

I'm looking for an easy baby sweater pattern and I'm always on the look out for baby hats or other goofy baby items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters