Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Long weekends rock!

What a great weekend. D and I went to the OSU game on Saturday. Tailgating just isn't the same. D keeps talking about how we must be getting old. The game was pretty boring. I had fretted about what to do about being away from the pickle for so long. I decided to take a hand pump with me, when I went to pump I realized I brought the wrong parts! I worked things out, but will definitely make sure I have the right parts with me next time. The Pickle stayed with D's mom and the little girl down the street came to help babysit. She loved it. Strangely enough I actually felt a little better knowing that she was going to be there with my MIL. Odd that I feel more comfortable with my MIL watching him, when there is another child in the house.
Sunday we had my brother's and parents over for a cook out. It was a nice day. We grilled a pork loin that was phenomenal, and also made some chicken on a stick. We played a little 'football' with Ellie and the kids down the street. She had no qualms about going after that ball! It was pretty funny watching her school the little 4 year old boy in the neighborhood.
It was nice to have Monday off. D had to do a little work due to the hurricane. The pickle and I spent the day walking the neighborhood and chatting with the neighbors. We had the B's over for dinner. It was a great weekend full of friends and family.
We are still on the hunt for a new nanny. After having some experience now, I have a little better idea about what we are looking for, I think. Hopefully we can find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters