Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy Birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday. I was feeling a little low. I don't think it was due to my birthday because I hadn't really been thinking about it too much. We have been having issues with the nanny. Monday she called me at work and asked me to come home. The Pickle had cried all morning and she was at her wits end. Apparently he either spends his time crying or sleeping and if yesterday and last night are any indication, we need less sleep during the day. He took a 4 hour nap and another 1 hour nap yesterday and was then up and ready to go this morning at 3am. We need to put a stop to that.
So anyway the nanny seems to think that this issue will be solved if she can just feed him rice cereal. We started giving him cereal on Monday and per our friend who is a pediatrician, we were just giving it to him once a day in the evening. When I got home yesterday the nanny told us that she thinks things would go better if she could give him a serving of cereal. After discussing this with her for the past week on why we wanted to hold off, I finally just gave in. I think she needs to find out that it isn't the magic pill that will make everything fall into place again. I think the bigger issues are her not holding him when she gives him a bottle, and not necessarily engaging him in play. She sort of sets him in front of something and then goes and does other things. I'm sure that when I get home she will talk about what a great day it was. I hope this is true.
Anyway... Yesterday was my birthday. I'm pretty sure that my mom forgot about it since she didn't call until about 9:30pm. D and the pickle and I went out for dinner at the Pig Iron. They have the best corn pudding. City barbecue has better ribs, but I'm all about good corn pudding. I got an apple Ipod shuffle, case and a shirt from D and the pickle. Just what I wanted. Well, I was hoping for a video camera, but I'm saving on the side for that. All in all it was a pretty uneventful birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters