Friday, March 09, 2007

Progress is occurring

I have been trying to be super organized in this whirlwind of birthday planning. For D's I'm taking the easy way out and ordering some BBQ for his party on Sunday. Baking a cake should be a breeze. It is the Pickle's birthday that is taking a toll on me.

I am in the process of trying to make some magnetic paper dolls of the pickle to pass out as party favors. I'm really really hoping that this idea works. Yesterday my friend took some pictures of Pickle and of some outfits that she is going to process though photoshop. I ordered some magnetic paper which I am hoping will be strong enough to work. The plan is to print out the clothing and Pickle dolls, and then you can dress him. The question looming is whether the magnetic paper is strong enough to hold the clothing to the cut out of the pickle. I ordered the paper on line, so I need to wait until it comes in to try it out.

The other project to work on is the cake. I think that I have decided that I am just going to do 2 small bus cakes for the Pickle, one for his Saturday family party and one for his Sunday friend party. Then do cupcakes for everyone else, and frost them school bus yellow. It seems like that would be the easiest way to go.

I have actually started the quilt. I'm trying to keep rough track of the amount of time I spend on it. I currently have all the pieces cut out for the pieced blocks. Hopefully I can get about half of them sewn tonight. But on second thought, I am working on Pickles invitations tonight over at my brothers house.

Our computer has been MIA which is making this party planning pretty difficult. D took it to a friend of a friend who is trying to fix it. My hope is that he can at least salvage all the music we have saved on it. Most of it is from the library and would be a huge undertaking to get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters