Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday

The tree is down, the living room looks so much bigger for the moment. The Pickle is asking where his tree went and saying "Halloween is over." Which I think he mis-heard D say "The holiday is over".

I am starting on my plan to use up my goods this weekend. I have a 1/2 crochete blanket that started as a scarf and then was too big so went to a blanket stuffed in with my yarn. My goal is to pull it all out and then try and turn it into a proper afghan. Which might be a belated wedding present for a good friend.

I have been thinking about a toy that I had when I was a kid, that might be fun to make. It was a soft toy made to look like a tree log, that had some chipmunks or something that lived in it. It is one of my ideas, going along with the soft doll house that I posted two years ago... could that be! Two years... wow. I also have a thought about soft animals made out of sections with heads and bottoms that snap on, that way you could mix and match them up. I'm a little stuck with how to make the bottoms different... well I guess a horse is a different bottom than a cow. It is something that I need to sit down with my sketch pad and draw a few ideas of.

So many ideas.... so little time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Snoring said...

I know how you feel when the decorations finally come down, there is a little sense of loss.

Your softy ideas sound great - good luck with them and Happy New Year

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters