Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm sure it was spectacular

As I gathered my things this morning to head out to work I noticed on the termometer that it said 55 degrees. I thought wow, 7 am and 55 what a nice day. Then I opened the door and realized that it was pouring down rain. I ran to my car figuring that I'd get there before I could get my umbrella out.

After making it to the parking lot I started my trek into work, avoiding puddles where possible and noticing that the rain was running in little rivers down the edge of the street. I stood at the corner waiting for the light to change. As I stepped down the wheelchair ramp and started to step over a stream my foot slipped, sending my arms whirlwinding and finally landing with a giant splat right in the middle of the road. Ugh... I am ok, I fell to my knees first, then my hands then my side. I feel no danger to the baby, just bruised my ego. A nice woman stopped to help me up, while some man just walked right on by.

I ended up on the elevator with him and he said "oh, you are the woman who tripped, what did you trip on?" I unzipped my coat trying to show off my belly and said that I didn't trip that I just slipped on the wet pavement. Thinking the whole while "you @ss hole didn't even stop to help me up!"

I thought about calling D to bring me dry pants, since they were soaking wet, but then discovered that it is about 95 degrees in here today. My pants were dry before he would have made it here. Now I sit for the rest of the day with bruised hands and sore knees.

I can feel someone kicking around in there, so I don't feel the need to get checked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters