Wednesday, January 02, 2008

January 2, 2008

Well, well, well.... a brand new year has arrived. Why do I feel like I'm dragging a ton of baggage from last year into this new year?

2007 is over and it didn't end on a great note. But, I'm trying to turn to the new year and be open for all the new possibilities. In this new year I am hoping to bring more calmness and structure and organization into my home. I am going to try and focus on the task at hand, and not shoot off in a million directions at once, I am going to try and be methodical about my processes. Sounds so unromantic! I guess a more romantic thought would be to live in the moment and enjoy the current process going on instead of constantly thinking of the next 3 things I could be starting on. But... I will be keeping a list for those three things.

I am hoping to be a present mother this year... or to continue being a present mother. To look for the lesson and teaching moment for my children in daily events. To relax my expectations and allow them room to explore. To pass on to my kids that life is fun and it is ok to make mistakes and that the joy is in the trying not the results.

On a more mundane view, I'm going to try and be a better house keeper and to de-stashify my basement. If I can use up my current supplies, I can move on to new ideas in my mind that I feel I can't start due to the amount of stash in my basement. My goal is to convert it to pieces that I can sell on Etsy and roll that into a new digital camera. One small step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters