Thursday, October 27, 2005

Neighbor Surveillance

D is spending a few days down in Florida getting things straightened out with work so the pickle and I have been holding down the fort. Well he has been doing his best attempt at chewing everything with those two new teeth of his. My SIL came for dinner last night, we ordered pizza nothing special, and played with the boys. About 7:30 the phone rang and on the other end was a woman who started the conversation stating that she was calling long distance and was trying to get in touch with my neighbor. I thought it was odd that she told me she was calling long distance... Who cares anymore? I could call the person sitting next to me and due to cell phones, it might be long distance... Anyway. She asked if I knew the neighbor and I said that I did and she then said that she had been trying to get a hold of him but could not get an answer and asked if I would give him a message. I found this to be odd. She gave me no explanation as to why should was trying to reach him. He is a deputy sheriff so it also made me a little nervous as to what sort of person might be trying to get a hold of him. I asked her what sort of message and she said her name and number. I told her I would take them down. She gave me her first name and a number with an extension, thanked me kindly and hung up. I called D to see what he made of all of this and he said to throw it out that it was a collections agency looking for the neighbor. How crazy is that? She must have looked up his property on the county auditor's site, found out who is neighbors were, looked them up in the phone book and called them! I have no plans on passing on this message to him, it is none of my business and I do not need to be in the middle of it. I would be so embarrassed if I was in his position... But then I pay my bills on time.

So with D out of town the Pickle and I have been running on our own schedule. The past 2 nights he has been ready for bed by 7:30 and down well before 8:00. This has giving me a nice chance to relax in the evening and have a little drink. I have finished knitting all the pieces to the third Mr. Dangly and just need to stitch him together. I am pretty pleased to be done with this pattern for the time being. I am on the hunt for an easy sweater to knit the pickle and I think I have decided to make my nieces hats from and possibly scarves from the yarn my secret pal sent. I feel like I should start on those first if they are to be gifts, but I really want to start on a sweater. I am holding off until I get that binding sewn.... Yeah... Still not done and all that doesn't even take into account the fact that the pickle does not have a Halloween costume yet and we are going out of town for the weekend! Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters