Monday, October 17, 2005

Tonight's the Night.... I hope

I know I said that my plan was to get the binding sewn onto that king size quilt and be done with it today. Well, it turns out that other than Monday nights I like to watch a little TV. So, I'm hoping that this evening I can set up the sewing machine on the dining room table for the last time and quickly stitch down the binding, leaving me the rest of the week to hand stitch it to the back while watching way to many reality TV shows. Just to gum up the works I am also planning on making a HUGE batch of potato soup this evening. It is one of the things I love about fall. I wanted to make it this weekend but we were way to busy.

D and I hosted our a block party on Sunday. It was a big hit. I've lived in my house for 3 years and met quite a few people who I didn't know before. Of course, the people who come out of their houses were there, while the ones who tend to hide inside did the same. The street was full of kids and I don't think I have ever seen so many bike wrecks. Unfortunately the last scooter wreck of the party sent one little guy home in tears with a little road rash. The pickle was the perfect baby and loved watching everything that was going on.

Saturday D went to the OSU game while we stayed home and watched it on TV. We didn't have a ticket and it wasn't worth it for me to drum one up. We had a nice Saturday together and the pickle took 3 naps. That was nice.

D and I are trying to figure out what to do about visiting family for the holidays. My parents have said that they do not want to drive down for Thanksgiving. So that leaves it up to us to go up there. It is a little frustrating, seeing as we have a baby and all... We had put a moratorium on over night travel since Pickle wasn't sleeping so well when he was off his routine. We are going to give it a test run at Thanksgiving I think. I don't mind staying at my parents house because they are equipped for babies. The have a crib and toys and diapers and we pretty much just need to show up with a change of clothes. D's family is another story and traveling to my parents means that at some point in time we need to spend the night at their house. They have no crib, we have no pack and play so it makes things difficult. I think that I will push for just inviting them over on Christmas day and avoiding the trip to them all together if possible. Holidays used to be so easy.

I had a dream last night that D and I were competing in the Amazing Race and we won. After a moment of being elated that we won I thought "How the heck am I supposed to not tell anyone about this for 6 months?" I thought it funny that my need to discuss shadowed my elation of winning a million dollars. I'd like to give it a try though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters