Friday, December 23, 2005

Why Not!

Since I finished the king size quilt for a friend at work I decided that it cleared enough room off of my plate that I could start a new project. Luckily this project has a very short due date. I started another baby quilt for a different friend at work. It is due to her tomorrow. I have worked a little each night and have finished the quilt top and layered it last night. Tonight is the night for quilting, and hopefully I can get the binding on and throw it in the wash. It is such a cute quilt, if I don't say so myself. It is a view of a football field, looking through the helmet of a player. I would say that I'll post a picture, but I've yet to do that anytime I've said it!

I also started my first knitting project on double pointed needles.... 3 times. With some of the yarn from my secret pal I decided to try a hat for the pickle. It is a ribbed pattern, with faux cables from Knitting for Babies. I have a hard time remembering what I just did, so the knit 2 pearl 2 ribbing looks great on the first needle, a little less good on the 2nd needle and totally random by the third needle. I also thought I dropped a stitch or 2 off the end of a needle, so picked up what I thought was the dropped stitch to realize that it wasn't a dropped stitch. Then I decreased to get rid of it. At this point I decided to pull it all out and start again. This time I made a note as to what stitch starts each needle so while I might mess up on a needle I know if I should be starting with a knit or a pearl. Is there a secret I don't know to remembering what you should be doing? I have tried to look closely at a knit and a pearl stitch, but they both look the same to me when the come off the needle. I guess I just need to pay more attention and not plan on doing it while watching TV.

We went up to my parents last weekend to celebrate Christmas. I gave the girls and Michael the Mr. Dangles. They all seemed to really like them. I never did get around to making clothes for them, instead made necklaces with their names on them out of Shrinky Dinks. And I just went with buttons for eyes and stitched them on tight. I don't think it is a problem for the girls, but Michael might think they need a chew.

I am doing Christmas dinner at our house Sunday. D's parents are coming. I really wanted to cook it all myself and not have a pot luck affair. The MIL was really adamant about bringing something so she was assigned an appetizer. It will be interesting to see if she can manage to not bring something for dinner.

Tomorrow night D and I will be having Fondue. I am hoping to make it the Christmas eve tradition. We borrowed a pot off of a friend, but might need to invest in one of our own.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters