Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving times 2.

The long weekend was so nice. We went to the in-laws on Thanksgiving day and MIL was in high stress mode over cooking dinner for 4. We arrived a little early and were subjected to several PA comments about how we could have eaten earlier. They have built an addition onto the back of the house. It looks great, MIL complained the whole time how it isn't done yet as if she expected it to take about 3 weeks to add on to their house. Their new kitchen is great, of course MIL had several comments about how long it was taking to get finished (They have been working on the addition for about 3 months). We stayed the night and I think that the pickle had a bit of an ear ache that evening. He just would not settle and cried and fussed. I spent much of the night walking the floors with him and ended up sleeping in the spare room with him for some of the night. Traveling with the pickle is just something I do not like to do. We had a moratorium on travel for a while and I think we might need to put it back on after the holidays.
Sunday D and I had my brother and SIL and little Michael over for thanksgiving take 2. We made a beer can turkey. It turned out awesome! I had a great time making everything. I think that next year we will just invite everyone over for dinner and who comes comes, and who doesn't doesn't.
I did finish up the sweater for the Pickle, but did not sew the Dangly together yet! Bad me. I'm not sure what the mental block on doing it is. I really need to do it so that I can start on Pickles stocking.
I have been colecting things for my final Secret Pal package. She has moved temporarily so luckily I haven't sent it yet. I ordered one of my favorite books for her, since she loves to read. I'm hoping that she hasn't read it. I still am planing on making a mixed CD, some note cards and possibly a needle case for her. I'm hoping to get it done this week and in the mail to her Friday. I need to get sewing! D is reffing basketball this evening so maybe I can get the note cards or at least the CD done this evening. I believe that our printer is out of yellow ink, so the colors will be interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters