Tuesday, January 03, 2006

There are Worse Things in Life

The Pickle and I have had a few hard nights since D has been out of town. Sunday night he was up at 12:45 and didn't fall asleep again until 3:00 am. We went through several rounds of letting him cry in his crib, going in to sooth him and then leave again. I was pretty frustrated at 3, when he finally fell asleep.

Last night I thought we were in for the same thing, after going to sleep at 7:45 he woke up again at 8:15 and was ready to play. I took him and sat in the rocking chair and was feeling really frustrated at not having a little time to myself for the evening. As I sat I started to think about where I was last year, 7 months pregnant, feeling him move around inside me, excited to meet my baby. I sat and rocked and he started to close his eyes and drift off. I could smell his sweet baby smell and listen to his steady breathing I decided to let go of my frustration and enjoy the moment. I know that soon he will not stand for being cuddled close and will be to old for smothering of kisses and cuddles. We sat and rocked for almost an hour until I put him back in the crib. The mental shift from wanting to put him in his crib and drive away, to enjoying the moments of him wanting to cuddle with me and knowing that they won't last forever really helped get through a frustrating moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Katie!

Your quilts look terrific! Sewing is one thing I cannot do. Good luck with the double-points. It took me a long time to figure them out, but now I love them.

I may need another skein of the sock yarn. It usually takes 2 skeins to make a pair of socks. I was going to look for it at my LYS, but if you don't mind sending one along, that would be great! Thank you again for the wonderful package.

And I am loving the Texas weather. It has been gorgeous here. I'm just really anxious for my husband to get here.

What is your email address?

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counters